Monday, April 2, 2012

Women's retreat! {aka no kids no hubby getaway with girls and lots of coffee and tons of bling!!}

 Just got back from a weekend women's retreat with my church and at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go and then my friend Alyssa said she was going and that pretty much cinched it up right there.  You may remember Alyssa from our recent trip to Cairo.

She's pretty much amazing all the way around and the more I'm around her the more I feel that we were actually separated at birth.  And ten years in age but whatever.  She also got all the height and beauty.  But I'm not jealous at all.  Even though walking next to her is like walking next to a super model but moving on.



One of these things is not like the other.  Her sister Amanda on the left, her mom Cathie and Alyssa.  They're all tall and gorgeous!

Waiting in line to get coffee.  


This is Tara, Alyssa's best friend.  I didn't get many pictures of her because she's a little camera shy but oh so sweet!  Loved her!

Getting ready to do the bungee swing.

 Okay.  So the swing.

Now I have done some pretty scary things including sky diving but for whatever reason this swing had me so nervous.  Alyssa and her mom had just done it with Amanda and they stayed on and then I got on.  I was going to pull the cord because I wanted to be in control of when we dropped.  This was her mom on the way up.

Cathie:  Okay, so this is really scary.
Me:  It is?  Like more than a roller coaster drop?
Cathie:  Amanda was so scared and when you think we're at the top we'll actually only be half way up.
Me:  What?  Really?
Cathie:  Amanda kept saying she wanted off.  It's really high.
Me:  *just watching the ground getting further and further away*
Cathie:  I couldn't even let go of the bar to reach back and grab the cord I was so scared.
Me:  Okay, you are really freaking me out.
Cathie:  Wow, we're not even at the top yet.
Me:  I don't think I want to do this anymore.
Cathie:  I can't believe how high we are.

Luckily I was able to reach back and grab the cord and it was so much fun!  Even though my legs were goo for about an hour after.  And for the record, I adore her mom.  Even though she terrified me!
Doing Holy Yoga

See.  I'm being Holy.  Doing my yoga.  

Reading in the coffee shop

Yay books!  And coffee!


It turned out to be a really fun weekend of worship and laughter with other girls and being in the beauty of the mountains.  And yes cosmic bingo and 70's Afro wigs don't hurt either.

No comments: