After 15 hours of flying and then getting into a taxi for two more hours we finally made it to Iribid Jordan.
The journey has been more than worth it as we were surrounded by the most loving, hospitible, generous, beautiul people I have ever met. We were invited to Jordan by our dear friends Jeff and Lindy Sloan and they have generously shared their friends with us. We started the day taking a walk as a family around the city and then traveling in a taxi to the village of the family we are here to see. Names of people and places have been very hard for me to remember, so tomrrow I'll be writing them down! I'm about the butcher the names I do know, so bear with me. Firras and Ranya and their two gorgeous daughters Rahaff and Kinda are such amazing people. They have fully welcomed us into their home, over fed us and graciously introduced us to thier entire family. Well, not all of them, they have 10,000 people in their family, so some of them! Not everyone speaks english and I speak zero Arabic so when we don't have someone to translate we just laugh a lot and try to use gestures. It's been so much fun! Aliya is getting so much attention! I'm sure the blonde hair and blue eyes have something to do with it, as well as her sweet personality. And we've learned that "Aliya" is an Arabic name and means something along the lines of "princess". The boys are getting noticed a lot too and Dylan esspecially has been basking in his new found popularity. We've only been here for one day and I already have so many stories to share! It takes a very long time for the pictures to load here, so I've only included a few. I'll have many more to share soon. I'm having a love affair with the food. I may need to be rolled onto the plane when this week is up. I ate figs right off the tree this afternoon and they are to die for. Ranya makes her own olive oil. If they keep feeding me like this I'm never coming home.
Ignore the shiny face, it's HOT here.
2 comments:
oh SOOO fun! i am so jealous! have an awesome trip, and take tons of pictures!
I love all of these! I'm going w/ you all 1 day. I would love 2 see you & Jayson in action so I can have an idea. So excited for all of you 2 have so much fun. Love & miss you all so much.
Post a Comment