Monday, October 11, 2010

Clarify please

I wanted to share an odd text from Hubby.  Because I was confused so why not confuse you too?

       "Hey, I have a buddy who's moving to California and they won't let him in with his flying
        squirrel."

Who won't let him in?  The place he's going to be staying or California?  Why is California against flying squirrels, I googled them and they're pretty cute.  Are regular squirrels okay and California is just opposed to squirrels who are "fancy" and "free thinking"?  I'm not a flying squirrel hater.

        "Do you want me to tell him we'll take it?"

Hold up.  I know I said I wasn't a squirrel hater but exactly how does one keep a flying squirrel?  Is it caged?  Because that sounds mean.  It's been given the gift of flight and it has to stay in a cage?  We also have cats.

         "It's nocturnal and has a cage but also flys around the house."

This gets weirder by the minute.  I don't think I want to be casually walking around my house and have a squirrel zip past my head.  And exactly how does it fly?  And what does it being nocturnal have to do with anything?  It will only fly around the house at night?  Like Batman?

And do you think I got the answers to my questions?  No.  I did not.  He moved on to something else and didn't text back.  And then when I got home I forgot to ask about it.  So you are as in the dark as I am.  If I have to be confused I want someone here with me.

Now a cute text.  From my daughter who was having a sleep over.

          "Hey momma, I miss you a ton!!!!!!!!!!!  When you get home maybe you can do our makeup? 
         And  then we can wash it off and watch a movie and have popcorn and eat Doritos."
Because nothing says sleep over like makeup and Doritos. 

Only I have to add to the previous weirdness with a story about the Doritos.  They were Cool Ranch and they were calling my name.  However the Doritos people forgot to add the spices so they were undercover regular corn tortilla chips in a Cool Ranch bag.  Absolutely no flavor.  I cannot do makeup and watch movies under these conditions.  A strongly worded letter is in order. 

And now I'm done. 

The end. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hahah! Oh Shelia, I can not tell you how much laughing I do while reading your blog posts!