*sigh*
That sigh is because it's January. Know what happens in January? A big, fat, absolutely nothing.
It bears repeating. Sigh.
The kids were off for three whole weeks because we went to Colorado the only time I could get off. You would think three weeks is a really long time. Not to my kids. Getting them back into a routine and a schedule has not been fun. In fact it's been down right awful. Hubby is a night owl so when I would go to sleep at a "normal person time" {he just loves when I refer to things I do as normal as opposed to his "abnormal" activities} he and the kids would stay up. I knew they were staying up late but it wasn't until I suggested they start going bed at 9:00 to get them back into the groove that I realized just how late.
Hubby: maybe instead of jumping right into a {5} hour difference we should ease into it. How about midnight.
Me: {gasp} What? They were going to bed at 2:00 AM?!
Hubby: We were having fun, there were Nerf shoot outs to be had.
You can see my dilemma. Strangle him or find it endearing.
So when my kids come out of their room at 10:30 to tell me they're not tired, I fully believe them. And then I give hubby the evil eye.
It's a good thing I'm all sluggish with the January blues. I don't have the energy to muster up much more.
1 week ago
1 comment:
I can totally imagine that conversation between you two. So funny!
My girls had a total of 4 weeks off!! The week they were supposed to start, it snowed like crazy, so school was cancelled for the whole week!
ps. I love that you signed "strawberry shortcake" on your comment. :)
Post a Comment