While perusing through some blogs I like to read, I noticed that all the really cool moms out there have equally cool count down tickers. You know, like "23 weeks and 5 days! Only 17 more weeks to go!" Or "My little angel is 8 months and 15 days old"! And I'm not even kidding that they have "trying to conceive" tickers. Really? Do we want that image in our heads, let alone a daily reminder?
So it got me thinking. Just because I'm not pregnant or lactating {yes they have those}, why can't I have a cool ticker too? I mean I could put one on like "My oldest is 3,900 something days old"! But somehow I don't think people would care. Or "3 hours 9 minutes since I put chocolate in my mouth". Oh, I know, "14 minutes since I last asked one of my children to pick up their crap, I mean toys."
I suppose I could put a pregnancy countdown ticker that just never ends and see if people notice.
But alas, after some time to think, I decided to put a "Days I've been addicted to coffee" counter*. Because if we have to have a vice, why not celebrate it right? Unless that vice is cocaine, in which case, don't.
NowI have a ticker and I'm unique. Just like everyone else.
*See bottom of blog.
1 week ago
3 comments:
You're too funny!
If I put a ticker on my blog for all of my kids, it would take up half the page. But, I have actually had the breastfeeding ticker before. :D
The coffee one is great!
Seriously Sheila I LOVE your blog it makes me laugh everytime I read it. Miss ya
Post a Comment