Friday, January 8, 2010

not in the job description

After a long busy day at the hospital, I sprinted outside to the parking lot because hubby was waiting so he could give me the kids and go to a meeting. Sprinting after a long day is not the preferred activity I enjoy. I'm not sure it is for anyone. I started asking the kids about their day at school and as we're leaving the lot Daymon says "I know what nurses do all day. They watch TV!"

My sore back, tired feet and exhausted mind would argue otherwise. So I inquired as to where he would get that idea.

Turns out they had been looking at the rooms with open windows and could see the patient TVs on.

He also thinks I can take out my eyeballs when I remove my contacts and that I'm beautiful without makeup.

I hope he studies hard, sacrifices, stresses and generally works his butt off so that someday he too can watch TV at work.

Because didn't you know? That's what nurses do.

2 comments:

{love, mj.} said...

i wish nurses watched tv all day. :)

Rachel said...

Haha, SO cute! What is your favorite TV show that you watch all day? I put money on soap operas!!!