Monday, February 27, 2012

{him}

I randomly have moments in my life when I'm in the middle of stumbling around my days filled with endless lists and tasks and "aught to's" and "need to's" and I sort of wake up and catch the eye of the other person in the house responsible for making sure no one dies, and it stops me in my tracks.

Because he loves me.

In my "old, but not too old to throw away. . .yet" sweats and my tangled hair with my unbrushed teeth, he will take my face in his hands and kiss me like he means it and tell me I'm beautiful.  And right there in the middle of the ordinary day my heart triples in size. 

And that is how I know we'll still be hanging out when we're 80. 

Because his love isn't blind.  He just sees past all the layers and loves me anyway. 

And I don't see how it gets any better than that.

No comments: