Saturday, December 19, 2009

{Manners 101}

I'm one of those girls who think that old people are really cute. Like, I want to squeeze their cheeks and feel that really soft skin on the back of their arms. Trust me, it's incredible.

So when I run into an old person that's not nice it always throws my universe off kilter.

Case in point. I recently flew to Colorado to see my parents and I had to fly on a different airline than my hubby and kids because I needed to come back sooner. So I'm totally into the whole "alone time" thing, skipping along through the crowds of madness when I see an empty seat across the way. It's the only empty seat for miles so I pounce. Nearby {and I stress not right next to} the seat, sat a man around the 200 year mark. Just as I'm about to sit he whips out his cane and smacks me in the leg while screaming "that seat's saved"!

Excuse me?

Do we lose all manners when we reach the age of 200? Apparently we do.

So I clarify. I like all old people who are sweet, bubbly and have lots of great stories to tell about the time they were shot in the rear in World War II. Not cranky old men who use their cane as a weapon. Because I'm pretty sure if I hit someone with a cane I would now have a probation officer.

1 comment:

Tara Hall said...

Sorry sweetie but I'm still laughing about that. Every time a see an old person with a cain I try NOT to laugh.