I had the awesome pleasure of seeing my brother, his wife and their {5} kiddos when we all met in Colorado for Christmas. We had so much fun! Their youngest is 7 weeks old and I could not put him down. Apart from those times when my daughter used her very best whiny voice along with pleading eyes for me to hand him over. I truly don't think there is any better smell on the planet than a new baby. It makes my uterus do back flips. Yet I maintain my stance of "three is enough". Even though I had to listen to my kids beg for one more. Some people may not think 33 is old, but I do not want to start all over again at ground zero. I'll just enjoy the sweet face of baby Jett and get my fill with him.
They also have two beautiful girls, and I mean really gorgeous, and two other little boys who happen to melt my heart as well. In order they are Laney, Chloe, Elijah, Isaac and Jett. Yummy.
On my side of the family, Aliya is the oldest. Much to her unending delight. So she loves that the girls wanted to follow her around and was able to talk them into making up and performing a dance with her to a Taylor Swift song. {that we may have heard around 17 times} Do you remember doing that when you were a kid? Now I'm the parent watching! So weird.
And my very sweet sister-in-law Sarah {helped/may have done the whole thing} put a new header on my blog! As well as took the picture. What a talented super mom! Her blog is beyond cute and she's pretty stinkin' funny too. Check her out here. You will be amazed at her photography skills.
The week went way too fast and I'll be paying for the mass quantities of food I ate for a long, long while. My mom's rolls are to die for.
We were really hoping it would snow while were there, but we had to make do with what was on the ground. I'm saying it like I know. I pretty much spent all my time inside holding a yummy baby. I'm the aunt so I can spoil. And much spoiling was had. But my super fun hubby spent hours outside with the kids making a pretty cool snow fort. That I observed from a distance. Through my camera lens. I did make the hot chocolate for them when they came in though. That has to count for something.
So to all you people out there who take for granted that your family lives near you, just think of me. Suffering these awful withdrawals from baby smell and take a moment of silence. I may not survive.
2 comments:
The baby smell is even better when the baby belongs in the family....:). I'm glad you got to spend time with everyone. The snow pics are so fun. I love your blogs...Love Tara
We loved seeing you guys, and we had so much fun!!! I think Jett's really missing you and Aliya and Dylan. :)
The other day, it was just me and Chloe in the car, and "You belong with me" came on, and Chloe was all "Mom, listen...it's that song we danced with Aliya to!" I'm sure my girls will remember that forever, and I'm so happy about those memories they made with each other. We really miss you all so much! Love you!
Post a Comment