Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Things that make my brain bleed

Don't you just hate it when you tell your twelve year old son not to put the swipey lock on his phone because the chances of him forgetting it are really high and he goes ahead and does it anyway and sure enough he forgets the combo?  Ugh, me too. 

These things are the devil
We spent the next several hours trying to figure out what the combination was because honestly how many could there be?  The answer is a billion. 

Oh and he got the phone from a used cell phone store with his birthday money and even though he spent a lot he still didn't pay full price.  Which is good because now he had a phone he couldn't get into. 

Did I mention he had it all of three hours before this happened?

So I finally sucked it up and took it to the cell phone carrier store that we have and asked them to factory reboot it for me. 

I mean these guys are professionals and would never google how to factory reboot the phone like I did with no success.  Only that's exactly what they did.  With no success. 

So they tried for half an hour while I stared at them awkwardly for half an hour and then finally they threw their arms in the air, declared defeat and said "We'll just send him a new phone!"

To which I replied "That sounds fantastic."   

Moral of the story: ignore your mom when she says not to do something and you get a brand spanking new phone. 

I have this parenting thing nailed.

No comments: