Monday, March 18, 2013

Five + dog + cat + lizzard + puppy = zoo!

I kind of feel like our house has become a zoo.

Well I guess we only added one more dog, a puppy, but she makes it all feel very zooish.

She's a whirlwind of licking, biting, whimpering, squirming, twirling chocolate colored love and any other moving adjectives you might want to toss in there. 

She's all together "Oh my gosh can I stuff all of her in my mouth right now and just eat her up!?" mixed in with "Holy crap her teeth are so sharp! Get her oooofffff!!!!!" 

We didn't even have her a whole 24 hours and while hubby was "baby" proofing the backyard for her she slipped through the gate and almost drowned.  Luckily hubby has cat like reflexes and his ninja skills saved her life.  Surprisingly not all dogs are born with an innate ability to swim.  Who knew.

After our heart breaking experience with Izzy, we were a little skittish to try another puppy.  But Daymon has been saving his money for a lifetime in kid years for another dog, one all his own, so we agreed. 

Dusty runs from her and my sister's dog, Bauer, adores her.  He also accidentally steps on her like all the time, but in a totally cute way. 





Zoe?  The verdict's still out. 

I will cut you


So this is Delilah, or as I like to call her Lilah Lou.  Daymon had his heart set on a boy puppy he was going to name Sampson.  When they only had girls he picked the next logical name.

Fair enough.

No comments: