Hubby just got back last night from Cairo.
Which means I've spent pretty much two weeks with my kids agreeing that indeed coco puffs are acceptable for dinner and becoming a little too intimate with Netflix.
I just sort of fall into this odd state of "whatever-ness" mixed in with mad cleaning/projects when he travels.
Some days we don't change out of our jammies and we eat pancakes and eggs for dinner because hubby thinks it's an abomination to eat breakfast foods any other time of day but that's just simply ridiculous. Everyone knows those things taste better at night. After doing a whole lot of nothing all day.
Other days I make them clean up large quantities of dog poop in the back yard. While saying things like "Oh you want to complain about this? Okay, let's just put your list next to my list and see who does more around here."
It can be a very confusing time for them.
On a side note Zoe was trapped in the garage overnight and I know she pooped in there because I could smell it I just couldn't find it but then it stopped smelling. So I guess...problem solved!
Do you even remember a time when I didn't discuss poop on my blog? Me neither.
But the thing is, when hubby is around he kind of forces me through association to be social.
It really is a lot of fun living with me. I alternate between being a hermit, not to be confused with being a hobbit, and then wanting all my friends around me at once. Like in a high concentrated dose where I get all jittery on their awesomeness and then can't sleep all night because I replay every possibly stupid thing I said.
You should feel very bad for hubby.
He gets to listen to me get all teary about how I don't want to go out because the thought of people is just too much and in the next sentence I'm upset about why doesn't anyone call and invite us out tonight? What's wrong with us? Don't they like us?
Seriously, give him a hug the next time you see him.
It's probably good he only goes for two weeks at a time because that way moss doesn't start to grow on me. And the kids get better food. There are only so many times you can give your kids pizza before CPS gets involved.
Although I'm pretty sure Costco wouldn't be allowed to sell it if it weren't food and they seem okay to me and besides someday they'll go off to college and have a really good head start on how to survive for at least two weeks on Ramen noodles and Progresso soup. They may even help save other lives.
It's the least I can do.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment