Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm not saying it's hubby's fault that my kid sleeps like a rock. But it's totally his fault.

One night there was a girl and this girl, let's call her Sheila, mostly because that's her name, was dreaming blissfully when an unbelievably loud noise began to shake the house. 

Now, I do not use the word "unbelievably" or "loud" loosely in this context.  I do not exaggerate for effect.  I'm pretty sure, had I taken a poll the next morning, the neighbors would have said that they too were pulled from blissful dreams.

At first I thought it was someone trying to break into our house, but then I realized it was coming from inside our house. 
It was hubby banging on Dylan's door. 

Now it didn't start out as banging apparently.  Or so I'm told.

It started out as him trying to find the iPad and when he went to see if it was in Dylan's room, his door was locked.  So hubby knocked.  But our child was asleep so he knocked a little louder.  Didn't work, so he knocked louder.  Until low and behold in crescendos into a full on battle with the door and hubby literally yelling Dylan's name and him sleeping through it. 

I even joined in because I was envisioning someone had gone through his window and kidnapped him. 
Finally after about 15 minutes total of this a very sleepy Dylan opened his door and looked at us both like we were crazy, climbed back into bed and went right back to sleep. 

The next morning I woke up to find Dylan's door firmly planted in our room where it could not keep us out in any way, shape or form. 

Dylan:  why don't I have a door?

Me:  do you have no memory of last night?

Dylan : *shrugs shoulders* kinda, not really.

In his defense, hubby once slept through a fire alarm going off in his dorms.  When our babies were babies he would wake up in the corner of the room with me yelling "The baby!  Pick up the baby and give him to me!"  Or he would wake up in the kitchen with a bottle in his hand in front of the microwave and figure it out from there.  Hubby is a coma sleeper too.

Now I have two.  Fantastic.

On the upside, he got a glimps into what it's like to wake one up.

They must have way better dreams than I do.

No comments: