Friday, August 12, 2011

Prayer works! {go figure}

This has been quite the summer.

We moved again after just 10 short months in the other place.  Turns out that when our landlord was taking our rent checks and keeping them instead of paying the mortgage, the bank didn't like it so much.  Some sort of policy thing I guess.  All is well though, I never liked that place anyway.  I do, however love our new house!  It has a pool too, and aside from endless wet towels that never get hung up, it's super fun. 

So along with moving, the kids switched schools.  Again. 

When Daymon met his teacher at the open house he really liked him.  Yay.  First day of school, suddenly doesn't like him.  Crap.  When I woke him up for the second day of school he opened his eyes and the tears started.  He barely ate insisting that his stomach hurt.  He then proceeded to cry all way up until I walked away from him on the playground. 

I received a call at 8:30 from the school nurse telling me that he threw up.  However, once I had him home he was in fantastic shape as he sat watching Spongbob.  Hmmmm. 

Third day.  Crying again, no eating, again. 

But this was not the "whining, drama, throw-a-tantrum" kind of crying.  He was genuinely making himself sick with worry.  And a third grader should not be so worried about school that they are in physical pain. 

We are huge prayers in our house so Hubby and I laid hands on him and prayed.  He seemed a little better and then would start again.  It was killing me that he was so upset about school and he kept insisting that third grade is too hard and that our neighbor girl told him the teacher is mean. 

We kept praying right up until he was on the playground and I promised him I would keep it up all day.  I watched as he walked to the basketball pole, sat down, leaned his head against it, and cried. 

I was ready to cry at this point.  I left a message with his teacher and silently prayed all day. 

I was a little apprehensive as I walked to the school to pick him up.  Did God have a bigger lesson for us to learn?  Would he make us wait?  I was so caught up in my internal dialogue that I didn't even see him come out until he was right in front of me.  With a huge smile on his face!  He told me his day was great, his light stayed on green and his teacher was nice.  Praise God.  He laughed as he did his math homework.  Who was this kid? 

I love it when God proves his love and shows our kids that prayer does work and that God still listens and his word still cuts.  That they can go to him with anything, great or small.  All worries, all praise. 

And that he even cares about us finding lost car keys.  Because that's just how he rolls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I might of talked to the teacher to see what was going on. Poor guy,you about made me cry I felt so bad for him. I don't know if I could of left him at school crying like that.Hard stuff!

Sheila said...

I did talk to his teacher and he said he's going to put him in a small group so he can make some friends and that he's doing so much better. He didn't click with his teacher last year at all and I think he was afraid of a repeat. I keep asking him about his feelings and he's in a much better place!

Tara said...

That's so sad & awesome! You both are such goid parents. I'm glad he loves it now!