I used to look at people who had been married for 14 years and think they were old. Now I realize that no, they were not old! They were cool and fun and crazy and amazing! It's true. Because I'm now the proud owner of a 14 year old marriage.
I really feel like Hubby and I grew up together. We've been through pure awesomeness and pure hell, but one constant has been our relationship with Jesus. And he's the only reason we're still waking up to each other everyday. Because being married is hard. But who wants easy? It's the things we work hard for that we're most proud of. The thing we cherish most.
We've learned how to pick up on the little things that matter and how to let some go. What not to say in an argument and that no matter how much he asks I will not ever pop a zit for him. You have to draw the line somewhere.
He's courageous and kind and the funniest person I know. I'm so blessed to have him. God knew exactly the man I needed and I can honestly say that I love him way more now than when we first got married.
Happy anniversary Hubby, I love you! And let's not get "old" together. Let's get "seasoned" together.
2 comments:
Congrats you two. Will be 28 years for us come October.
Awww! How sweet is that? Congrats! You are right God is the only foundation to anything. It is crazy how our love gets stronger & we love them more each day.
Post a Comment