Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Priced as marked

We've been busy at our house de-cluttering.  We're going to have a garage sale and in case you didn't know. . .I detest having a garage sale.  Oh, I love going to other people's but having one is like. . . how to put this into words. . .the third circle of hell.

All of it.  The planning, the finding, the sign making, the sign placing, the better sign placing than my neighbors, the "accidentally" losing of the neighbors sign, the getting up at the butt crack of dawn, the feeling of "what, my stuff isn't good enough for you?  Fine drive by, see if I care, sniff", the change making, the clean up.  Each and every step for me is like torture. 

But we are in the process of trying to move to Tempe to be closer to Hubby's work so we need to purge. If it were up to me, I would rather take it all to Goodwill or simply put it to the curb with a "free" sign on it than have to sit in my driveway and pretend I don't care if people rummage through my things.  Or try to get the price down from a quarter to ten cents.  Really people?  Really. 

Plus the kids end up finding things they have long since forgotten and suddenly remember that it's their favorite toy on the planet and how oh how could you try to sell it?  Oh the humanity. 

Because Hubby has met me before, he knows my feelings on the issue and usually tries to take over most of the load.  Plus he's a total extrovert and likes chatting with strangers. 

And since I really don't want to be seen on the next episode of Hoarders, I concede.  Kicking and screaming the whole way, but I concede. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have neon pink paper to buy and need to brush up on my "cute" hand writing.  Because of course, I know people will only come if the sign is cute.  I mean, who wants to buy used dishes from someone without a cute sign?  Exactly.   

2 comments:

Forever For Evie said...

Okay, first of all, I HAVE been reading your blog, it's just...well...I read it on my google reader, so to actually comment on it would mean clicking on the link to your blog and then scrolling down and clicking on the comment link...sometimes, it's just too much, ya know? Okay, that's my pitiful excuse for the lack of comments from me. sorry.
Second, I didn't know you guys were thinking about moving! When are you planning on doing it?
Third, I've never had a garage sale because of all the reasons you listed. I probably should have one too, we have too much junk!

{love, mj.} said...

wait, you are MOVING???