Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This guy. . .

. . . melts my heart.

Dances with me in the living room. Kisses me in front of our kids. Holds my hand in public. Writes me love notes. Always makes me feel needed. Encourages me. Compliments me. Puts up with me.

This guy. . .


. . . plays with our kids. Takes our daughter on dates where they dance barefoot in fountains and sing with people watching. Is never too tired to rub their backs before bed. Teaches our boys how to make bows and arrows and sling shots. Gives them lessons on music history and lets them build forts in the back yard and then sleeps with them in it while talking to them about the stars.
This guy. . .

. . . is a hard worker and can build things out of nothing. Can do crazy math problems in his head. Knows the words to almost every song on the planet. Is a world traveler. Would bring home every child in every third world country if he could.

This guy. . .

. . . still turns my legs to goo. Lights up a room. Makes my heart want to burst. Teaches me daily about love.

When I married this guy, I thought I could never love him more, but I was wrong. 12 1/2 years, three kids, and a lifetime later, I love him deeper and fuller than I knew was possible. And I get to spend everyday with my best friend.

I adore this guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am speachless! How can I possibly respond to all of that! You are soooo sweet and such a gifted writer. I couldn't possibly compete with your elequant gift for stringing words together to share such deep meaning and profound emotion. Only you could write an 80 page paper on non-verbal communication! I love the way you write, it seems to come straight from the heart with such ease! I love you sooo much! Thanks for making my life wonderful! -Jabo

Tara Hall said...

Sheila that is the most wonderful what can I say ummm...I think I'm speachless like Jabo was. I loved it and it brought tears to my eyes.