Friday, March 5, 2010

Just call me thrifty.

So it turns out I can save uber amounts of money on shirts for Daymon. In fact, I'm pretty sure I don't ever need to buy him another one.

Because you see, he NEVER takes off his jacket. It remains fully zipped all day. If I don't remind him, he would go to bed with it on.

Me: Hey, buddy, you want to take off your jacket or were you just leaving to go run some errands? We do need milk.
Daymon: {looks down} I'm still wearing my jacket?

Aaaannnnnnd, did I mention he's super observant?

At first I thought maybe he was boycotting the shirts I buy. But then I had the above mentioned conversation with him. And I also realized that I buy him really ultra awesome shirts so that couldn't be the case. I mean who doesn't like five super heroes on one Tee? I know. Like I said, awesome.

But since he can't really go to the prom wearing a hoodie over his tux without being made fun of or at least talked about behind his back, I have to somehow convince him to take off the stinking jacket when he gets to school. And it's about to get really hot here. As in like, the sun hates us and is seeking revenge, hot. I suppose I could always just let him have a heat stroke and figure it out himself. But since I'm really trying for that mother of the year award, that probably won't work. Some tend to frown upon such things.

So I guess for now, I'll just remind him. Again. Because
I'm nothing if not persistent. And by persistent I mean naggy.

No comments: