There were some of those *youths* or college kids or crazy skinny people, whichever you prefer, there and aside from the occasional frat girl flashing for some beads or drunk people I know were not 21 gettin a little rambunctious, it was a great spring break.
In fact, at times, we were provided great conversation starters with our kids about why we think before we tattoo and why we don't repeat certain phrases we hear. I've decided my kids are not allowed to grow up. I simply forbid them. I'm their mother and they have to listen to me. The end.
We found a zillion perfect shells to the point of becoming shell snobs, and low tide was the perfect opportunity to lazily walk the reef with our kids in hopes of seeing another octopus. One such time in particular we were out scouring for ocean loot and Daymon started to get really itchy. I'm not sure if it was because his skin was dry or the salt water, either way he was miserable and said "mom, it feels like I'm walking through tree nuts." He's allergic to tree nuts.
On our last full day we took a banana boat ride and since our camera died and we left our charger at home this picture will have to suffice.
Our kids also learned how to say "for the love of all that is holy and decent, please stop asking me if I want to buy a hat or have my hair braided." Or maybe it was something like, "no mas, gracias." The details are fuzzy. And I would never get frustrated at vendors walking the beach in hopes of making enough to feed their families. I'm way sweeter than that. Besides I don't know if I'd be able to rock the corn rows the way they deserve to be rocked.
I really hope we can go back soon. It's close, it's affordable and it's the ocean. And I didn't get one headache the entire time! So as I have stated to my hubby before, we obviously need to live on the beach. A headache free wife is a happy wife. And a tan one.
1 comment:
Well said!! I love to read how your write and word things. This makes me way more excited for next year when we get to go somewere...I'm so glad you got to do this w/ Jayson and the kids. I love how he thinks of such fun stuff to do w/ you all...Love you all sooooooo much.
Post a Comment