Yesterday hubby and I were out on our Friday date and as we sat eating lunch he asked me over his insanely large Q-doba burrito what I wanted to do next.
"Well what I want to do is go stand in the middle of Pier 1 and just breathe in the smell of fall and soak up as much of it as possible until it seeps from my pores. What we should do is go look for a new washing machine."
I simply adore that man for setting aside what I can only assume is his passion for clean clothes to whisk me away to the nearest Pier 1 where we romped in The Land of Fall and the store associates looked on like we were crazy people. He "ate" from the gigantic spoon that is larger than me and we sat in every single chair and couch and fluffed the pillows. We smelled all the candles and admired all the tea sets {mostly me} and his eyes didn't glaze over when I made him stand there and listen as I gushed over a set of coffee cups that, as the associate put it, "I can't live without".
It was fantastically, perfectly fall and it made my day.
And then reality hit when the door opened and we remembered that it's 97 degrees at the end of September in Arizona and we still had to go hunt for a washing machine, but for like an hour we had fall.
And an orange owl I named Fred that can be yours for a mere $48.00. What a steal!

No comments:
Post a Comment