We used to live in a magical land where people don't always lock their doors and children roam free without fear of being stolen and sold into child slavery and garage doors could be left up all night and a simple "oops" would be uttered in the morning when it was discovered and nothing more.
And then we moved to a slightly more culturally diverse area, away from the stepford wives and while this is comforting in some ways {my kids have friends of all races!} it's also a little frustrating in others.
So why do I think it's okay to lock my purse in the car?
I have no idea.
So I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised when I came out to take Aliya to school and found the window smashed and my purse taken. But I was. And I cried.
And to make matters worse, it was my in law's car that they are leaving at our house while they are in Russia. Luckily the thieves didn't seems to want a very nice GPS or stereo, they have a preference for Prada purses. Which is deceiving because it had a whole whopping four dollars cash in it. Bet they had fun with that.
It's such a huge pain to have to cancel cards and reorder everything and never mind that I really, really liked my purse!
So I just keep reminding myself that it was God's purse all along anyway, not mine, and that losers will be losers and all I can do is learn from my mistakes.
I'm just bummed my migraine medicine was in there, I could really use it today. Have you ever tried to get through to Compass bank? They for sure don't live in they land of the stepford wives.
3 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment