You know what's weird about having a twelve year old?
Having a twelve year old.
I can clearly and precisely remember being twelve and what I thought and the emotions I had and most of all the emotions I had toward boys.
And oh holy cheese grater, what am I going to do.
She doesn't have a phone yet but she does text on the ipad and I've made it very clear that I'm allowed to read every one or she doesn't text. It works well. Mostly for me.
So far there are two boys who love her. Or at least think they do in their little thirteen year old brains.
And can I just say for the record that thirteen year old boys are odd, quirky, weird, and kind of stupid. In a freshly teen sort of way.
I won't share the conversations because I want my daughter to continue to trust me, but how I would love to.
They are all over the place, taking crazy turns and then ending on odd topics. Oh and they all have signatures. Aliya's is EXPLOSIVE TACO!!!!!!!! So a "normal" text will look like this: "Hi mommy, I love you, when will you be home? EXPLOSIVE TACO!!!!!!!!!!"
Wow.
I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE SHE'S YELLING AT ME!!!!!!!
I guess texting is just like passing notes only I get to see all the notes. Score one for the parents.
And I don't know if she's told the boys that I'm reading everything they write but if she hasn't, well I'm impressed. They keep the hormonal imbalance to a minimum.
But they still need to keep they're distance.
She's only twelve after all.
SO DON'T MESS WITH MAMMA BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Like my new signature?


2 comments:
hahaha!!! Love it! Your signature is perfect!!
Haha!! Yes love your new signature & jade will get the same treatment with the texting. No harm in it;)
Post a Comment