Fall is my favorite season. Not that we really have fall in Arizona. It's mostly me just creating a false environment of apple cinnamon smell in our house and pretending it's cold outside while over heating in my sweater and scarf. But dang it if the scarf isn't super cute.
I keep half expecting my kids to boycott dressing up for Halloween but so far they still want to. Free candy from strangers and it's actually encouraged by parents? Heck yes.
But those costumes are not cheap. When they were little I always felt like I got my money's worth because they wore them all the time. I was forever running errands with Batman or Wolverine or Cinderella. Then they grow up and realize that, wait, I'm the only Superman at this store right now? In June? Odd.
So this year I'm attempting to steer them in the cheaper direction. Of course no one wanted to be a toilet paper mummy. Dang it.
I also thought Daymon was going to have a dress up birthday/Halloween party but he decided against it. He was attempting to incorporate Star Wars, Halloween and Sponge Bob into one theme.
I'm a little relieved that he's sticking to just Star Wars because I was having a hard time coming up with games aside from Luke Skywalker killing Sponge Bob in a light saber duel and then everyone eating his brains shaped cake. I don't even begin to know where to find a brain cake mold.
And I also don't really need a bunch of parents questioning my party tactics. Some people just don't get awesomeness at all.
It's not easy coming up with games and food and entertainment for a bunch of nine year olds who are used to constant entertaining stimulation. Get distracted for one minute and it's balloon popping madness and a cat that may or may not ever emerge from behind the washing machine again.
So if your child ever comes home from one of my parties and tells you that they ate cat litter and dog food, it was just cake people. Relax. But don't tell the kids that. They'll figure it out someday when they're reminiscing about their childhood and realize that other people didn't eat baby poop out of a diaper.
Why take that moment from them?
P.S. After a little research, I found one!
1 week ago
1 comment:
You are so funny & creative!! I love your writing;)
Post a Comment