Yeah. When I decided to bless the world with my spawn, I didn't think about the details like homework. Actually I didn't really picture them ever being full blown kids who go to school and play sports and have opinions about silly bandz. I mostly pictured cherub babies and sweet smelling spit up, because we all know that it's not really throw up until they're like two.
However, I do have full blown kids and they do attend the sacred assembly we call school and darn it if it hasn't been kicking my butt. I know, I know, they need to be responsible. They also need to stop arguing over who gets the last pizza roll, but I don't see an end to that any time soon.
My boys have been kind of slacking in the homework department lately. Well, more like "for the love of all that is decent and good, if you 'forget' you have homework one more time I'll lose my ever lovin' mind!" And then their eyes glaze over.
I know it's a new school and it's harder, but come on. So I've implemented the "No child leaves the house without homework" law. Oh and if you can't seem to "remember" to do it, then I can't seem to "remember" where I put the Xbox 360. I'm kind of forgetful that way.
Just call me "Hitler Mama" from now on. Only you don't have to do the salute. But you totally can if you want to.
I've raised the bar when it comes to responsibility. I'm thinking I don't really want boys who turn into men who can't do their own laundry and only microwave hot pockets. On special occasions.
I guess I sort of thought they would just naturally want to check things off their "to do" list and only watch TV when their green beans were finished after neatly putting homework into their backpacks.
Wow, I almost couldn't finish that last line through the tears of laughter. It's good to add some humor to my day. I find it cathartic.
Seems I'll have to do some extra training and nagging and possible hovering until this homework thing is fully under control.
Heil Mama.
1 week ago
1 comment:
I'll say one thing: I'm glad you're going through it all before me. :) I get all of the advice on what works and what doesn't. You are an awesome mom, and you're kids are so blessed to have you!
Post a Comment