My dear sweet hubby had sinus surgery yesterday. I told him one of my favorite rotations in nursing school was the PACU. Post anaesthesia care unit. It's super fun watching people wake up from general anaesthesia and he didn't see why. In fact, it took him a bit to fully understand that he was having actual surgery. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing him, he's a brilliant man, but I think he thought "it's just my nose", and therefore didn't think it would entail an IV and going completely under. He's not a big fan of shots or needles so the IV thing threw him for a loop. I told him he would have been better prepared for it had he let me practice starting them on him when I was in school. Clearly I could have banished his fears.
So when I was able to see him again he was chatting with his nurse about pac-man. On the way home our conversation went something like this:
Hubby: How could they let me leave so soon? I need to still be in the hospital.
Me: I'm sorry baby, I'll get you home and you'll feel. . .
Hubby: I do not like this at all! What's going on?!
Me: Are you in pain or do you just feel weird?
Hubby: What? AAHHH! What is going on?
Me: Put your head back, try to relax. . .
Hubby: {stroking my arm} you're the best wife ever.
Me: thank you, I. . .
Hubby: No really, I scored, I told them all that. Think about it.
Me: Think about what?
Hubby: What?
Me: Let's go drop off your presc. . .
Hubby: AAHHH! Is this gonna last forever?
Me: No, but it will last a few more hours, do you. . .
Hubby: I really did, think of a list of a good wife. Feeds my kids? Check. Takes care of me? Check. Cleans the house? Check. {insert things I cannot blog} Check.
Me: Well thanks baby, I scored too, lets get you home, are you. . .
Hubby: This is not right, I don't feel right.
Me: Are you in pain?
Hubby: Pac-man is 30.
I can tell you our conversation went on this way for a good hour and then I put him safely in bed and he was out like a light. Narcotics rock.
Poor guy. It will all be worth it when he can breathe well though. And I always love hearing about how great a wife I am. Dolls out pain meds and kisses like candy? Check.
1 week ago
2 comments:
Oh...oh my. That is funny. Did you record any of it? Hopefully so. ;)
And I LOVE the necklace you got for Mother's Day. perfect. :)
Oh my good ness. Haha...I love this. It ha me rolling. I so wish I was in the car w/ you both.
Post a Comment