Sunday, October 25, 2009

What did he just say?

What would my day be without an embarrassing/funny/sometimes inappropriate comment from one of my kids? In hopes of being a good mother I try to discourage such comments as "that brown kid over there didn't share the swing!" What did you just say?! We do not refer to people of other cultures as "that brown kid". I'm pretty sure they don't like that. And when Aliya was trying to get Daymon to ask a cute little kid on the playground to play he impatiently yelled, "He's Chinese and I don't speak Chinese!" Okay to clarify, the child was not Chinese, he did speak English and wow that mom sure could give a dirty look. So of course she's most likely wondering what the heck I'm teaching my darling little angel at home. I promise that we are very culturally sensitive! However it does not look that way whilst shopping when my child very excitedly exclaims "look mom! A real Indian!" Oh geez. Are you kidding me?

Here's a little gem for ya. Just in case you haven't laughed today.

I had taken the boys to the dentist {this was about two years ago} and we had to wait for a while. There was a teenage boy also waiting to be picked up and he had already seen the dentist. He had very red hair that he must have been trying to grow out, and a hat on. His hair was also very curly. So just picture this boy with me. Red, curly hair sticking out of a baseball cap, large baggy pants and an over sized t shirt. On top of this he had gauze in his swollen mouth and was not talking exactly right. What do my boys start shouting? "Look at the clown mommy! There's a clown here! Will he do a trick for us?!" The coffee table was not large enough for me to crawl under, so I was stuck sitting there attempting to get them to shut up! Not really any recovering from that. At least not with my dignity in tact.

So am I surprised when Daymon says:
"I wish I could chop my hair off and give it to someone who needs it". He sat there, thinking, and then perked right up and said "I know! Papa!"

Not really.

Apparently he also asked for his Nana's house when she dies. Because you need to be prepared. I mean, he needs to ask now before any of the other 15 grand kids beats him to it.

He also told me " I love you most of all. I love everyone else but you the mostest". That's right. I did share my body with him for nine months, after all. At least he has his priorities straight.

3 comments:

The Atondo's said...

I'm glad I follow you, cause that is freakin hilarious! They would totally call my son "brown kid". LOL!!!

{love, mj.} said...

your kids are so funny! sometimes it actually makes me want kids! just so i can have a good laugh! or maybe ill just borrow yours for a few hours!

Sheila said...

Marci, I will absolutly let you borrow them. Anytime you want. But don't get my hopes up, thier fragile.