As hubby and I were walking into one of our favorite lunch date restaurants, mostly because of the endless chips and salsa being directly proportionate to how cheap we are, we happened upon the local chiropractic office throwing a "customer appreciation" fair on the side walk. This included free food. Did I mention we are cheap?
So we stopped and signed up for a free chair massage because, hello, we are cheap.
It was my turn and I happily sat down all excited and completely unaware of the horror and amount of pain about to befall me.
She didn't ask me how I wanted my presure she just asked me if I had any "issues" and looking back I should have said "I like my massages to feel like kittens licking me." Unfortunatly I did not.
So she started working between my shoulder blades with her fingers of death and then I felt like I might cry.
Only I kept thinking that maybe she knew better and that perhaps if I could just endure the pain then later it would feel better.
At one point I think I blacked out from the pain and her elbows digging into my spine right before it felt like my nose was breaking as it was becoming one with the chair.
Longest fifteen minutes of my life.
As we sat at lunch later I could hardly hold my diet coke to my mouth to take a drink and that's when I asked hubby how his was. He told me that twice the chair broke and twice she fixed it and moved on as it that were a completely normal thing during a massage.
The next morning I felt like I had been in a fight. You know, because I'm in fights all the time.
I'm thinking maybe this isn't the perfession for her.
Or my pain tollerence has gone way down.
But the icing on the cake? They take my health insurance so next I'm going to let them jab a really long stick up my nose into my brain and spray some medicine to see if it will fix my migrains.
You know, just for funsies.
1 week ago
1 comment:
We used to get a free 30 minute massage twice a month at work. The boss paid for her to come to our office. This went on for years until she was unable to keep it up due to physical reasons. She was very good at her profession! Unfortunately, once she quit the boss decided to stop being so generous. That was a sad day!
Post a Comment