Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tale of survival. Alternatly titled: stupid hamster woke me up

It's a miracle people.  One of the hamsters survived and has been living in our couch for about two weeks with I'm assuming no food or water, and then meanders into the living room last night and crawled over hubby where he fell asleep with the kids. 

I don't think that couch stuffing can be that nutritious but hey, what do I know. 

Hubby was not amused at all as he does like him some sleep.  He wandered around the house for a while looking for the cage {hubby not the hamster} and then woke me up when he couldn't find it.  He got it all settled or maybe just plopped it in and then Aliya commented on the sucking sound the pool was making, meaning it needed more water, so hubby turned that on for an hour and by the time he stumbled into our room and I told him that the hamster water thing was still outside he commented "I don't really care right now" and since I'm super observant to body language, I took his falling into the bed flat on his face as confirmation that maybe I should just do it. 

So Hannah the hamster is back and if she could write a book I'm pretty sure the title would be "Thirteen days lost in the space between: how I survived on old Cheerios, upholstery and hidden gogurt tubes". 

Hey if this lady can do it, I guess anyone can. 

1 comment:

Tara said...

Lol!!! That is 2 funny! Poor Jason. I can just see him plopping face first & instantly out. Yay 4 Hannah!!! You go girl.