Monday, March 7, 2011

Didn't I just do this?

Okay.  So I might have mildly freaked out last year on my birthday

I'm trying really hard this year to take some deep breaths, relax and maybe not welcome this one, but at least accept it.  I'm getting light headed. 

Why are birthday's so hard for me? 

Perhaps because I don't have themes.  Dylan asked me once what my theme for my party would be.

Me:  oh, sweetie, mommy doesn't have birthdays.
Dylan: .....
Me: yeah, I just stay the same age.  Year after year.  After year.
Dylan: seriously, what's your theme?
Me: *sigh* can't you just play along?  Moms don't have themes like kids do.  We just get all haggardly and mis-shapen.
Dylan: maybe if you have a transformers party or something you would feel better.
He's right!  I do need a transformers party!  Or maybe something a little more glamorous, but dang it, I need a theme!  I know, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" and everyone can bring me diamonds.  Too much? 

Well, a few years ago my best friend Tara and I decided that since our birthday's are only eleven days apart, we should celebrate this year by going on a girl's trip.  Just me and her.  Somewhere tropical.  Because it is a big birthday and no I will not tell you which one.  Rude.

We haven't quite decided where but we're looking at the Florida keys.  Sun, best friend, little umbrella drink.  Aaahhhhhh.  Sounds perfect.  And I'll save the hyperventilating about the bathing suit for when we get there. 
One freak out at a time.  It's important to pace these things.

UPDATE:
We will be postponing our trip until my grandfather, her dad, is doing better health wise.

No comments: