Sunday, December 12, 2010

Big sister, little sister

Me: I got your presents today!
Sheri: {hint of a jig} really?  I have yours too. 
{taking off my shoes while she does a sort of half dance half shuffle of what I can only assume is joy}
Me: I really hope you like it!  I kept the receipt in case.
Sheri: I hate waiting!
Me: I know, I want to show you now!
Sheri:  Let's do it!  No one has to know, I'll wrap it up when we're done and we'll act all surprised!
Me: But where's the fun in that?  No, you have to wait, it will make it more exciting.
Sheri: But. . .I want you to see yours now
Me: It will make it more fun to wait.
Sheri:  Oh fine.  {major sad face she used on me when she was five.} 

It took a lot of courage on my part to walk away from that face, but I did it.  It is the reason she was never spanked when she was little though and I would babysit.  "The List" of all her wrongs I would so diligently make while my parents were away somehow ended up in the trash every time. 
This is the first year I don't know what she's getting me before Christmas. 
I only have to hold out for 13 more days.

1 comment:

Forever For Evie said...

You guys are too funny!! :)
Love the picture! You're both beautiful!