Daymon has discovered that he's good at basketball. No, not good, fantastic. He gets to play on a team starting at the end of the month. I've discovered I can successfully handle two hours and seventeen minutes of the sound of a ball being dribbled in the kitchen before losing my mind.
On the phone with my mom the other day I was telling her just how great he is at basketball and she said "Oh, tell him Aunt Rhonda used to play and even went to state". I did and his response?
Stunned silence, blank stare of disbelief.
"But. . .she's a girl!"
He then went on to explain that girls cannot play basketball or football or basically any sport involving a ball.
Wow.
Apparently I'm raising a chauvinist. Just when I thought I had this "raising boys" thing down pat.
Excuse me while I set down my spatula and remove my pink apron with my perfectly manicured nails to reeducate my son. I am only a girl after all.
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment