Some friends of ours invited us to the Insight bowl at the ASU stadium. Usually I would rather shove bamboo under my finger nails than watch football but I really like them so I sucked it up and the night didn't suck.
{I apologize ahead of time for the fuzzy pictures. Unfortunately I have no excuse.}
I pretty much watched everything besides the actual game. The cheer leaders for instance have their own thing going on. There are two sets. The first one do this weird foot thing where they never actually lifted their feet off the ground, they just moved their arms and legs back and forth. And their leg muscles were enormous. The other set were teeny tiny girls that you could put in your pocket and they were thrown around by the burly guys and lifted into the air at whim.
Me: What's the deal with the two sets of cheer leaders?
Hubby: Oh easy. Those are for prancing, those are for throwing.
I didn't actually know who was playing until we got there. Oklahoma and Iowa. They seemed really intense so I was glad we were behind the field goal in what I liked to consider the "Can't we all just get along?" section. But then the Okies { I can call them that. I have family there.} knelt down to pray so I decided to mostly cheer for them. I say mostly because I watched approximately 4.7 minutes of play time. And they ended up winning which I think is due to the praying. Or my cheering. Or both.
![]() |
| Me and my friend Jenna. Is it just me or does the lady behind my head to the right looked really shocked. |
![]() |
| What is the guy on the left doing? For realzz. |
He never wants to do anything I want to do.
![]() |
| Me and Hubby |
We also sat next the the VIP area so we observed all the important people. I say "we" but it was mostly just me randomly poking hubby and pointing people out and asking him who they were to which he would reply "why would I know that?" and then I would reply "you look at sports stuff way more than I do, and he looks sporty, and all those people keep asking to get their picture with him so he must be somebody."
Turns out that's Darren Woodson of the Cowboys and it still means nothing to me. But all the guys who would get their picture with him would do this really stupid thing where they would put their fist up and act all tough for the picture. Not wanting to be left out I made hubby pose with me. He was super happy about it
Turns out that's Darren Woodson of the Cowboys and it still means nothing to me. But all the guys who would get their picture with him would do this really stupid thing where they would put their fist up and act all tough for the picture. Not wanting to be left out I made hubby pose with me. He was super happy about it
When we got home I kept asking hubby to throw me up in the air and hold me by my feet like this. He kept saying no.
He never wants to do anything I want to do.









1 comment:
Throughout all the pictures, all I kept thinking was "Wow, Sheila's hair is so stinkin' cute!" It's getting really long!
And if Jason ever agrees to do the lift thing, please let someone know ahead of time, so they can get it on film. :)
Post a Comment